Sunday, March 20, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Questions about Mint/Thunderbird/Lighting

 

While I am not technically new to the group. I haven't been posting or reading posts for awhile. My planned move to Linux kept getting put off, until now that is.

I recently did a dual-boot install of Mint 10 on my HP G71-340US Notebook. I had been using Thunderbird 3.1.8 w/Lighting 1.0b2 in Windows 7. So I thought that this part of my switch to Linux would be easy. Not so! When I tried to use Lighting on the Linux side nothing. No calendar, tasks or events. Not even a view of a calendar.

I tried to uninstall Lighting and reinstall it. When I do I get the following message. ["Lightning" could not be installed because it is not compatible with your Thunderbird build type (Linux_x86_64-gcc3). Please contact the author of this item about the problem.]

I never had any problems with Firefox or Thunderbird in Windows and I am very new to Linux. So I have yet to report any bugs. IF in fact this is a bug and not an error on my part. Being an ex-programmer I know the fastest way to get a problem fixed is to give the programmer all the pertinent information the first time.

So my questions are:
1. Has anyone encountered this problem?
2. Is this a bug?
3. If it is a bug, how do I go about reporting it?
4. Is there a work around?

TIA
Sue

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Find useful articles and helpful tips on living with Fibromyalgia. Visit the Fibromyalgia Zone today!

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment