Tuesday, March 22, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Grub: Dual Boot don´t work correctly

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Chris Becker <usabecker@...> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 4:20 PM, KLaus <klauslms@...> wrote:
> >
> >
> > Hello Roy,
> > thank you for your help!
> > I am tired of repairing. I will install both systems again!
> > Kind regards
> > Charlyms
> >
>
>
> Just a note, every time I have installed Ubuntu to dual boot with XP,
> it has been required to run the system repair CD to restore the boot
> sector of Windows. This used to be mentioned in all of the tutorials
> I was using back then when I first got started, but I do not see it
> mentioned on the ones I am finding now. I do not know if the problem
> has supposedly gone away or not. But the process is fairly simple:
> boot from the windows install CD (after first installing Windows then
> Ubuntu) and then select the option that is something like "repair an
> existing installation." I don't remember the exact steps, but I do
> recall it was fairly automated and intuitive when looking at the
> options.
>
> My experience is different from Roy's as I never had to Reinstall grub
> after I did that. I don't know if that is because I was lucky or if
> something has changed.
>
> ~Chris
>
>
> >
>
Hello Chris,
I had restored the Windows boot sector after the first failure or attempt as you described. Even the repair of Grub doesn´t had success.
By the way: with Grub 1 I had no problems to restore. But there seems to be no way to install Ubuntu 10.10 with Grub 1 (?).
Kind regards
Charlyms

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment