Sunday, March 27, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Runnin a microft software in opensuse and ubuntu

 

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 01:32:12PM -0700, ken fraz wrote:
> I still have my xp disc and key. I will try virtual box..... I just looked at virtual box stuff. I noticed that there are 9 items in the software manager. will I need them all?
>

Not sure. I always download it from VirtualBox's site. Also, at least
in the past, the version available with a distribution was lacking some
features--I don't know if the OSE (Open Source Edition) has changed or
not. For example, USB devices didn't work with the OSE. However, if
you downloaded the package, it had some extra features.

I would think that yum install VirtualBox or aptitude install VirtualBox
will bring in what you need. (I don't know what distribution you're
using.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6

Angel: Donuts?
Wesley: Developed a sweet fang, have you?

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment