Saturday, March 26, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: question on installing

 

Thank you. I am trying to get more of my friends using it also because some
of them don't want to upgrade to a newer PC. So some have windows 95 still
on them. I will probably put Puppy on those ones.

Shellie
----- Original Message -----
From: "Roy" <linuxcanuck@gmail.com>
To: <LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2011 6:49 PM
Subject: Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: question on installing

> Congratulations on your success on both counts and on spreading Linux to
> your friends!
>
> Roy
>
> Using Kubuntu 10.10, 64-bit
> Location: Canada
>
>
> On 26 March 2011 12:44, Shellie <mbuter30@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>
>>
>> Thank you all for the suggestions. I finally figured it out it was the /
>> that I was forgetting and I also didn't make two partitions I only made
>> one.
>> But it is now dual booted with Windows 7 and Ubunto 10.10. It is doing
>> updates now. I do want to put it on other computers also but I will takle
>> that when I get them in. A few of my friends are wanting me to work on
>> thier
>> computers and laptops since I passed my exam for A+. I am trying to take
>> Linux+ next but not sure if I can get the funding for the class.
>>
>> Shellie
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: Joan Leach
>> To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
>> Sent: Friday, March 25, 2011 9:20 PM
>> Subject: Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: question on installing
>>
>> Are you trying to have a Ubuntu USB stick for only your computer or on
>> any
>> computer that will boot from USB...there is a difference.
>>
>> Joan in Reno
>>
>> --- On Fri, 3/25/11, loyal_barber <loyal_barber@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> From: loyal_barber <loyal_barber@yahoo.com>
>> Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: question on installing
>> To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
>> Date: Friday, March 25, 2011, 5:53 PM
>>
>> --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "Shellie" <mbuter30@...> wrote:
>>
>> >
>>
>> > I am trying to install ubuntu as dual boot with a usb stick. I am at a
>> part that is driving me nuts. I am in the partitioning and it is telling
>> me
>> "No Root file system Please correct this in the partitioning menu"
>>
>> >
>>
>> > Shellie
>>
>> >
>>
>> That normally means you have not set up a partition as "/" which is
>>
>> root.
>>
>> Loyal
>>
>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>>
>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>>
>>
>>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> To unsubscribe from this list, please email
> LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo!
> Groups Links
>
>
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Find useful articles and helpful tips on living with Fibromyalgia. Visit the Fibromyalgia Zone today!

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment