Tuesday, March 22, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Full Circle Magazine

 

I still get a broken-link message but at least using Chrome I was able to d/l the other issues and Joan sent me #21. I guess it's a bit OCD but that really bugged me. For some reason the Acrobat toolbar wasn't available when opening those issues (4-7) but at least that problem was solved using the "Save As" option with Chrome.
Anybody else here sweat the small stuff while totally ignoring major stuff? God, to think that 6 years ago I was actually able to set up an ETower machine to dual boot between Win ME and OpenSUSE. Guess those "For Dummies" books work pretty well when you actually read 'em!
Mark

--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Roy <linuxcanuck@...> wrote:
>
> It sounds like a bad link, but it works for me.
> http://fullcirclemagazine.org/issue-21/
>
> Not only did the link work but I downloaded it and the file is there. Try a
> different web browser.
>
> Roy
>
> Using Kubuntu 10.10, 64-bit
> Location: Canada
>
>
> On 21 March 2011 04:20, m <m_alexander61@...> wrote:
>
> >
> >
> > Yep, that would work in many cases, but not this one. I could save the link
> > to the page but not the pdf itself. Of course I could Copy and Paste to a
> > new pdf file but this isn't the point. Typical ADD, I guess, but I just get
> > pissed when things don't work the way they "should" if you know what I mean.
> >
> > Mark
> >
> >
> > --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Roy <linuxcanuck@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Right click on the English link and choose Save As.
> > >
> > > Roy
> > >
> > > Using Kubuntu 10.10, 64-bit
> > > Location: Canada
> > >
> > >
> > > On 20 March 2011 15:53, m <m_alexander61@> wrote:
> > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "dbneeley" <dbneeley@> wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > Except for 21, they all worked for me too.
> > > > >
> > > > > Note, though, that with some you must click on the caption beside the
> > > > photo--where it says "English version"--because the screenshot is not
> > > > clickable on those...and these are around the issues 4-7 group.
> > > > >
> > > > > There is no doubt that issue 21 is a broken link, though.
> > > > >
> > > > > David
> > > > >
> > > > Yep, I clicked on the "English" link. The issues in question did
> > download
> > > > but there was no "Save" tab. As I remember none contained anything I
> > > > couldn't live without but I'm building a library so to speak.
> > > > Mark
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment