Saturday, July 30, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: New to Linux

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "jerold222" <jerold222@...> wrote:
>
> Ok, I lave been trying the Linux Mint 11 from the live disc.
> Should I be able to connect to my wireless network from live disc?

Yes, but you won't like it. You have to be connected to a hard wire first.
Go to Menu->Administration->Additional Drivers. That will allow you to
install the driver. Here is what you won't like. It is slow to load and
install. When you connect via wireless and provide credentials (usually
a passphrase), those credentials will not be saved because you are running
it from the CD. Further, every time you reboot, you have to start the
process over. I sure wouldn't want to do it very much.

> If so, how? I go into networks and wireless and it asks for things that I know nothing about.

Do it the way I said above. It will work off the network icon on the
lower right. Right click on the icon and select the wireless network
from there.

> This computer is an older desktop running xp and a lnksys wireless adapter.

It should work fine.

> I also tried the live disc in my laptop. I did get a little window that said wireless signal available but I have not found how to connect it.

Look at the network icon on the lower right.

> Thanks again,
> <snip>

Loyal

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment