Saturday, July 23, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] New to Linux

 

"jerold222" <jerold222@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have been doing some research on putting Linux on a laptop. Not a geek
> at all but have reinstalled xp by myself. I see there is a lot of argument
> about the different flavors of Linux.
>
> What I am considering is picking up an an old Thinkpad T60 with out an OS,
> 60 to 80 Gb, 1 to 2 Gb Ram and a DVD RW (100 to 150 US$)and loading Linux
> Mint. What are your thoughts?
>
> At this point I do not want to partition my good desktop PC.

Excellent choice. I have a T60 with similar specifications and run
LinuxMint (LMDE) without any trouble at all.

Zed
--
Zed
A Closet is a dark room where queer things develope!

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment