Monday, July 4, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Linux re-install partitions

 

Download gparted to your Ubuntu system and run it. It is a partition
program that can resize things for you.

Emil

On 07/04/2011 09:15 PM, Scott wrote:

On Mon, Jul 04, 2011 at 05:01:14PM -0000, tacm38 wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Can anyone help me understand the proper number of partitions and
their size when installing Linux? I have two hard drives: one with
Ubunto and the other with windows 7. I installed Ubunto some time back
with just the minimum space required, i think it's 16gb. I want to
reinstall so it won't run out of space and crash. When I try
reinstalling, will it create the partitions I want or will I need to do
it myself before the installation?
>
Partition size is a matter of personal preference, combined with what
you'll be using it for, as wel as the minimum requirements of a system.
For example, I think Windows 7 needs at least 20 GB of space, or some
other surprisingly large amount.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment