Saturday, July 30, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: New to Linux

 

Ok, I lave been trying the Linux Mint 11 from the live disc.
Should I be able to connect to my wireless network from live disc?
If so, how? I go into networks and wireless and it asks for things that I know nothing about.
This computer is an older desktop running xp and a lnksys wireless adapter.
I also tried the live disc in my laptop. I did get a little window that said wireless signal available but I have not found how to connect it.
Thanks again,

--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "jerold222" <jerold222@...> wrote:
>
> I have been doing some research on putting Linux on a laptop. Not a geek at all but have reinstalled xp by myself. I see there is a lot of argument about the different flavors of Linux.
>
> What I am considering is picking up an an old Thinkpad T60 with out an OS, 60 to 80 Gb, 1 to 2 Gb Ram and a DVD RW (100 to 150 US$)and loading Linux Mint. What are your thoughts?
>
> At this point I do not want to partition my good desktop PC.
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment