Friday, July 15, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Networking/dual computers/synergy

 

Ok, so I've looked around and all the tutorials on using synergy automaticaly assume you have a working network connection on the computers.
I have a computer running *nix and a computer running windows 7.
They each have their screen but I want to share the keyboard, that's where synergy comes in. Thing is, I can't even get the two computers to regester a connection with each other.
I'm running a cat5e cable (7ft) that I bought from wal-mart and just plugged it into each computer. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?
In addition to the ethernert connection on the *nix box, I also have a wi-fi connection that re-broadcasts my internet to the rest of the house (ad-hoc network, internal wi-fi chip)
So, how do I set up my network without messing up my existing one?

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment