Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Ubuntu unity

 

On Tue, Jul 05, 2011 at 05:13:35PM -0400, dvdpst wrote:
> I found an way around that. I just make the swap space an little bit bigger.
> Right now my swap in Kubuntu is 31GB with 8GB of ram. Works ok for me.

That seems to be far too much swap, especially with 8GB of RAM.
Is it really using that much? (You can tell by running top or free,
that is, just typing the word top, or the word free, at a command
prompt.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6

Cordelia: Oh my god! She killed him! (touches dust) Oops. My
bad. It's just dust. I forgot to clean under the rug.
Doyle: What are you trying to give me a heart attack?
Cordelia: Hey, don't blame me if he's too cheap to hire a cleaning
lady.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment