Saturday, July 30, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: New to Linux

 

On Jul 30, 2011 3:50 PM, "jerold222" <jerold222@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> Ok, I lave been trying the Linux Mint 11 from the live disc.
> Should I be able to connect to my wireless network from live disc?

If you have a driver installed, it will work, but you may have to download
it and install each time you boot up from a live disk. Changes are
permanent in an install. Support is spotty for plugin cards, but works well
for most built in wireless.

> If so, how? I go into networks and wireless and it asks for things that I
know nothing about.

What was it asking for?

> This computer is an older desktop running xp and a lnksys wireless
adapter.
> I also tried the live disc in my laptop. I did get a little window that
said wireless signal available but I have not found how to connect I

Usually there is some manager that lets you click and add credentials. I'm
not familiar with specifics for Mint though.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment