Saturday, July 9, 2011

[nslu2-linux] Choice of portable hard drive

 

Hi,

I wanted to buy a new portable hard drive to work with my NSLU2.

I've been burned once before with a Seagate FreeAgent GO 1TB drive that had all sorts of problems with the Slug -- no wakeup on spindown (tried all the spindown hacks), random disconnects on large data transfers, etc etc.

So wanted to hear from the Slug Collective on what works best. Ideally I'm looking for peoples experiences (good and bad) with newer hard drives which are :

  1. One Terabyte or higher in capacity
  2. USB 3.0 (I know the slug only has USB2 support but wanted to potentially use the drive for something else later)
  3. Ideally USB powered only. I would prefer to duck another bulky adaptor if I can help it.
  4. What distro (SlugOS, Sarge, etc) you guys are using for the winning combination

Thanks for listening.

-H

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment