Thursday, July 14, 2011

Re: [nslu2-linux] Wuala?

 

   As a cautionary note, when I previously asked this list about Java on NSLU, I was informed that Java 5 was a "dead end", and that although it may be possible to get OpenJDK running on Debian Slug, performance may be a significant issue.  FWIW...

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 4:22 AM, zvsmedia <jthomas@zvsmedia.com> wrote:
 

I have a slug that I used to use with Unslung some time ago until I upgraded my network to Gigabit. It's been gathering a bit of dust since, waiting for a good use.

I'd like to use it with Wuala (semi-Dropbox-like online backup that lets you trade local disk space for space on their servers [up to 100gb/machine and you can have multiple machines]; for more info drop me a line and I can send you a referral). I have Wuala running on a full-featured Ubuntu box, but this seems like a perfect use for the slug.

Has anyone tried this before? If so, any feedback on the best firmware to use? Better yet, is there a walk-through available?

If not, I'll give it a shot anyway. They have .deb and .rpm versions. They also require java. Again, any suggestions on the best firmware to try this with?

Also, given the suggestion for firmware, any suggestions for a USB WiFi adapter (preferably 802.11n) that would work with this project would be most helpful.

Thanks!


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment