Monday, July 4, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Ubuntu unity

 

On Mon, Jul 04, 2011 at 09:18:58PM -0500, James Jolin wrote:
> When I installed Ubuntu 11.04 and it booted up it told me my system could
> not use Unity....no further explanation. I look around the Ubuntu site and
> could not find anything either. Just what are the requirements for
> Unity??? You would think they would let you know.

It's probably on the web somewhere--I know that Gnome 3, as well,
requires more hardware than expected to run. My guess is that the card
has to have 3D support, and probably a certain amount of video memory.

Ah, here ya go. (Googled hardware requirements unity ubuntu)

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopExperienceTeam/UnityHardwareRequirements

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6

Cordelia: Do you know what he's going to do to me when he
finds out I let his car get stolen? I mean, what are the chances that
a vampire has full insurance with a low deductible?

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment