Saturday, July 2, 2011

[nslu2-linux] Re: What happened to the nlsu2 repositories?

 

I found the missing directories on the mirror ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/nslu2.
So I was able to resolve this issue by replacing http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org with ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/nslu2 in the /etc/ipkg/*.conf entries.

Regards
Victor

--- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Mick K <mick_nslu2@...> wrote:
>
> Ha! Let's hope there's more than just two persons running unslung! However, there seems to be not much development happening if I were to judge by the unavailability of modern kernels.
>
> What I had to do is investigate each error that I was getting and then visit the link with a browser to see what was now missing from that path.  It seems that some 'native' directories have been done away with and only the ../cross/ is left.
>
> So, I poked around in those directories and subdirectories on the repo server until I found some equivalent Packages.gz file and then used that path to modify my /etc/ipkg/*.conf entries:
>
> # ls -la /etc/ipkg/                 
> drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4096 Jun 21  2010 .
> drwxr-xr-x    7 root     root         4096 Jun 24 19:33 ..
> -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          162 Jan  1  1970 arch.conf
> -rw-r--r--    1 root     root           74 Jan  1  1970 cross-feed.conf
> -rw-r--r--    1 root     root           77 Jun 23 19:49 native-feed.conf
> -rw-r--r--    1 root     root           76 Jun 23 19:55 oe-feed.conf
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root           95 Jun 21  2010 optware-nslu2-cross-stable.conf
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root           98 Jun 23 19:45 optware-nslu2-native-stable.conf
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          152 Jun  3  2010 unslung-cross.conf
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root           72 Jun 23 19:48 unslung-native.conf
>
> In some of these conf files I had to comment out the line which was erroring out because I couldn't find its current equivalent path; e.g. http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/ no longer has a /native directory in it, only /modules and in /modules there is only /modules/cross. All packages in there are dated since 2008.
>
> I am not getting any errors now, however, I am not sure if I have commented out too many repo feeds. Unless the maintainers post back to advise us of appropriate paths for our unslung feeds I fear I may missing out on some updates in the future.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mick
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment