Thursday, July 21, 2011

[nslu2-linux] Re: Which Firmware

 

Hello Mike,
I was going to try building the latest SlugOS binaries but couldn't find the source code you mentioned. All I could find were 5.3 or earlier.

--- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Westerhof (mwester)" <mwester@...> wrote:
>
> Well, it seems as if there are no gurus on the list to answer... :-)
>
> So, I'll offer my opinion: stick with SlugOS 5.3
>
> If you are adventurous, and don't mind building your own image, you can
> also try the latest versions from source code (which are either labeled
> 5.9-alpha, or 6.0-alpha, not sure if I actually did the name update yet).
>
> -Mike (mwester)
>
>
> On 6/7/2011 5:15 AM, Mahesh Ghule wrote:
> >
> >
> > Hello Gurus,
> >
> > I have a simple bordering on to daft question.
> >
> > Which is the best firmware I should use for my Linksys NSLU2?
> >
> > I have been using SlugOS 5.3 Beta on my slug for last two years. My main
> > usage of it was
> > 1. Media Server(MediaTomb)
> > 2. Torrent Client(Transmission)
> > 3. Home network FileServer(Samba)
> > 4. Gateway to my home network via ssh.
> >
> > I was happy with what I had. It was my stupidity(let's not go
> > there) that I have to rebuild it. I have two external drive 640GB and
> > 500GB both Seagate.
> >
> > Now as I am about to rebuild it I wish to know should I use same
> > SlugOSBE or try something new. I also want to use my Slug to monitor my
> > room with WebCam but that is not a must.
> >
> > Please advice.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Mahesh
> >
> >
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment