Saturday, July 2, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Minimize Window to Panel ?

On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Jerry <bearjercares@gmail.com> wrote:

> **
>
>
> Can someone help me out on which desktops are automatically configured
> to minimize an open window to the panel or taskbar (whatever it should
> be called)? I realize there are a couple add-on programs such as
> Alltray, Docker, etc., but I want to find out which desktops support
> this automatically. In other words, if I open up Firefox, but I want
> to simply put it into the background temporarily by minimizing it, I
> don't want to lose the page where I was or have to go through extra
> steps. It should be automatic like it used to be. But I recently just
> made some changes in using Ubuntu 11.04 Classic and that functionality
> seems to be lost unless I click on the ALLTRAY function. I want it to
> be automatic like it used to be. Did I explain that well enough?
> Thanks, --Jerry in Michigan
>

Hi Jerry. They are all that way that I know of... You can switch to a
different window manager and it ought to bring the function back. Something
must have gotten messed up in Metacity. I'm not sure where their settings
are, but I really don't even know what kind of things ubuntu has going on in
11.04 as I stopped on 10.04. I am trying LXDE desktop with open box as I
type this. It does what you want and I am liking it so far...

>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
LINUX_Newbies-digest@yahoogroups.com
LINUX_Newbies-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment