Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Ubuntu unity

 

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 5:23 PM, Scott <scottro@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> On Tue, Jul 05, 2011 at 05:13:35PM -0400, dvdpst wrote:
> > I found an way around that. I just make the swap space an little bit bigger.
> > Right now my swap in Kubuntu is 31GB with 8GB of ram. Works ok for me.
>
> That seems to be far too much swap, especially with 8GB of RAM.
> Is it really using that much? (You can tell by running top or free,
> that is, just typing the word top, or the word free, at a command
> prompt.

I was thinking it was just a "funny haha" comment... Unless David is
maybe doing some molecular modeling or editing a word-for-word video
recording of war and peace... :)

Alternatively, could it be a bad program slowly hogging up RAM? I
seem to have an entire operating system of those on my phone...

>
> --

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment