Monday, August 15, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Downloading flash player

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "Peter G" <irlp.link@...> wrote:
>
> I am very new to Linux, I have just installed Ark Linux on my PC, the first problem that I have come up with is when I try to use Youtube it tells me that I have no Flash Player, I clicked on the link and it downloaded to the PC but I don't know how to install it onto the PC so it can work, Please help.
>
> Cheers Peter.
>

I'm looking at what I have on my machine now

-rw-r--r-- 1 pfred1 pfred1 4.7M 2010-08-18 01:21 install_flash_player_10_linux.tar.gz

tar xzvf install_flash_player_10_linux.tar.gz

Doing that nets you:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 pfred1 pfred1 12M 2010-07-28 03:56 libflashplayer.so

Move that file into your browser's plugins directory and you should be all set. I cannot be more specific than that because every system is different but I can give an example of where mine is located and how I managed to find it

/usr/local/seamonkey/seamonkey/plugins/libflashplayer.so

locate plugins | less
(hit your spacebar to scroll through the list [b] lets you go back)

Oh if you don't have locate then try:
find /usr/ -name plugins | less

but that is going to be pretty slow.

Also it seems your distribution packages the plugin and if you can use your distribution's package management system that is always for the best. Although how Ark works I've no idea.

Good luck and enjoy Linux.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE
A good Credit Score is 720, find yours & what impacts it at freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment