Thursday, August 4, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Problem Sharing Files

 

I run Linux (Ubuntu 11.04) on a dual-boot system with Windows 7
Professional and I'm trying to share a few files with my wife for
purposes of having us both have ready access to our finances on either
computer. But I cannot see her files and she can't see mine, on either
the Windows side or the Linux side. Can someone give me some idea of
what might be the issue? On the Windows side, if I click on control
panel and then click on "view network status and tasks," both of our
computers are visible to each other graphically, but the individual
files don't show up in the file manager. I did change the sharing
options under properties to share hers and my files. The same type of
issue on the Linux side. I can browse to the C drive on my computer
and see my Windows files, but I can't see her computer when I click on
the network icon, etc. Any ideas on what I need to do to share
files? I can do it fine on the Linux side, which is a preference
anyway, but I just asked the question both ways in hopes of getting
something that works. Thanks! --Jerry in Michigan

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment