Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Qustions When Running from Live CD

 

IceWeasel is Debian's Firefox, so check for Flash in libraries, run Synaptic after install, or if you have enough RAM, it might work in live mode, too. I prefer Mint or PcLinuxOS, but I used to fiddle with Knoppix, but it's been awhile. I just watched a DVD movie with Puppy LuPu after taking out the Puppy Live CD, and I have no hard drive in this laptop.

Joan in Reno

--- On Tue, 8/16/11, andersonradioactivity <andersonradioactivity@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: andersonradioactivity <andersonradioactivity@yahoo.com>
Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] Qustions When Running from Live CD
To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 2:47 PM

 

Hi;

I'm doing some learning on a spare machine running an older CD (Knoppix 6.2).

How can I:

Enable Flash? I can get all over the net with IceWeasel, but can't view anything Flash.

Access other machines on my network? I'd like to work on open office text files on a computer in another room, as well as listen to MP3 files on my home media server. This is a wired network.

Thanks,

DW

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment