Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Qustions When Running from Live CD

 

Thanks for the answer Joan. At this point I've only been running live from CD, older versions of both Knoppix & Puppy. I'm planning to try live USB's in the future if my free time opens up in the real world. Planning to compare Knopix, which I'm most familiar with, Mint & Ubuntu. I'm also trying to finish rebuilding an older Dell Optiplex & trying Wubi.

Additional question--is Ubuntu the only distro that'll work with Wubi??

Sorry-I forgot to bottom post--I'll try harder to remember.

DW KE6WYB
Follower of Christ Jesus <><
USMC NRA ARRL
God Country Corps
Semper Fi & God Bless

--- On Wed, 8/17/11, Joan Leach <jleach728@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> From: Joan Leach <jleach728@sbcglobal.net>
> Subject: Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Qustions When Running from Live CD
> To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 12:40 AM
> IceWeasel is Debian's Firefox, so
> check for Flash in libraries, run Synaptic after install, or
> if you have enough RAM, it might work in live mode, too. I
> prefer Mint or PcLinuxOS, but I used to fiddle with Knoppix,
> but it's been awhile. I just watched a DVD movie with Puppy
> LuPu after taking out the Puppy Live CD, and I have no hard
> drive in this laptop.
>
> Joan in Reno
>
> --- On Tue, 8/16/11, andersonradioactivity <andersonradioactivity@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> From: andersonradioactivity <andersonradioactivity@yahoo.com>
> Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] Qustions When Running from Live
> CD
> To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 2:47 PM
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>  
>
>
>
>  
>
>
>    
>      
>      
>       Hi;
>
>
>
> I'm doing some learning on a spare machine running an older
> CD (Knoppix 6.2).
>
>
>
> How can I:
>
>
>
> Enable Flash?  I can get all over the net with
> IceWeasel, but can't view anything Flash.
>
>
>
> Access other machines on my network?  I'd like to work
> on open office text files on a computer in another room, as
> well as listen to MP3 files on my home media server. 
> This is a wired network.
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
>
>
> DW
>
>
>
>
>
>    
>      
>
>    
>    
>
>
>
>
>
>
>  
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
> & you will be removed.Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>     LINUX_Newbies-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
>
>
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE
A good Credit Score is 720, find yours & what impacts it at freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment