Tuesday, August 23, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Users Whine - if I could

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "loyal_barber" <loyal_barber@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <pfrederick1@> wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> > --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "suem_in_mo" <group.mail@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I have tried many times to install/run programs within Wine, but have yet to get more than a simple card game to run. The rest get 'file not found' or other errors without any information on what is missing or broken.
> > >
> > > <snip>
> >
> >
> > With wine often this must be used:
> > http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks
> >
> > For your printer it was your decision to buy crippled hardware.
> > Don't blame Linux for your mistakes or your hardware manufacturer's
> > greed. Your best bet is to get rid of it and get a real printer.
> > Linux works great with those. Better than Windows can.
>
> Wow, that is harsh. I have a variety of printers I use from Linux
> Mint and find them all easier to use from Linux than I did from
> Windows. Maybe you could give us a bit more detail on the printer
> and we could help.
>
>
> >
> > With your Amazon issues reject companies that insist on locking you
> > into their proprietary data formats. Unless you just like being used
> > then by all means continue. I'll tell you right now it goes against
> > everything Linux stands for and no good will ever come of it, well
> > no good for you at any rate. Great for Amazon though I'm sure, cha-
> > ching!
>
> Again, really harsh and not helpful. There is nothing wrong with
> wanting and using a Kindle or Nook. I manage my Kindle directly
> from my Kindle without issues.
>
> >
> > From your post I don't think you are the intended target audience
> > Linux is aimed at. Linux is a hacker's OS. Always has been, always
> > will be. The Linux community even embraces system crackers and has
> > excellent tools for them to use as well. I just figured someone
> > ought to tell you sooner rather than later.
> >
> > Linux ain't your grandma's solitaire playing OS! If you've an
> > aversion to the command line and don't like Windows then maybe Apple > could be a good fit for you? Do yourself and Linux a favor and go >
> > check it out. The last thing Linux needs is non hackers. Go be a
> > liability to Steve.
> >
> > Oh, and have a great day!
> >
>
>
> I could not DISAGREE with this statement more. We Linux users often
> wonder why our market penetration is small. I would guess that
> attitudes like this are a huge contributor. Let me state for the
> rest of us, Welcome to Linux. You have chosen well. I rarely
> have to go to the command line to do anything and if what you are
> wanting is a good appliance computer, I doubt you will ever have to
> go to the command line. Just ask questions here and we can and
> will help. This is a Newbie group and there are no stupid questions.
> Yes, occasionally you will catch someone like Paul who I hope was
> having a bad day, but try to focus on those of us who want you to
> be successful. I count a few on here as success stories from help
> I have contributed. Some are now helping others.
>
> Loyal
>

Your guesswork is baseless. So what is the big mystery about Linux market penetration? What exactly is it that you need explained? All of that is fairly simple and straight forward to me so maybe I can help.

I'll tell you right now more Linux haters have been born of people listening to the likes of you (Loyal) than me. But you just go right on ahead and you keep on stringing them all along until they get way past their threshold of annoyance. It seems to be something you're good at.

Remember Linux is user friendly, its just choosy who its friends are. Do try to keep the spirit of openness in Open Source.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE
A bad score is 598. A bad idea is not checking yours, at freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment