Friday, August 19, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Qustions When Running from Live CD

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, J <dreadpiratejeff@...> wrote:

> At a guess, live CD is a misnomer... probably more like a live
> environment on a USB key... Ubuntu does that (and so do many other
> distros) when run from USB storage.
>
> But that's just a guess and how this is being accomplished with Puppy...
>

All the Linux I've run lately has evolved into a live initialization on boot environment. It has been slow coming so I haven't really thought about it until this thread. Some of the biggest headaches I've dealt with on Linux lately have been in /etc/udev/rules.d so not saving settings isn't always such a bad thing!

Seems I've had to edit a file like this a few times lately when I change hardware:
/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-headache.rules

Though one trick I've found is to just delete the offending file and on reboot a new one is created. Saves on editing. I bet there is even a command to save having to reboot but like most of udev I haven't found it out yet.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment