Wednesday, August 10, 2011

[nslu2-linux] Re: Question/problem

 

If you want temporary files to be preserved between reboots, use /var/tmp instead of /tmp.

(See  the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard for more information on Linux directories and their typical usage.  Note, however, that your distribution may vary.)

--- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Donald Jacob <wb5eku@...> wrote:
>
> I was attempting to compile and install a program, it uses gcc
> I put the source in a subdirectory of /tmp.
> Well I had some errors being generated by the compiler, possibly
> because the ARM processor.
> The real problem is I did and apt-get update && apt-get upgrade.
> Ok so far, it told me that all was up to date.
> I then rebooted and lost everything. the /tmp directory
> was empty after reboot.
> So I guess the question I have is should just rebooting discard
> all information in the /tmp directory?
> Additional question, is there an architecture switch for the ARM processor
> that needs to be set in gcc?
>
> Thanks for any light you might be able to shine on my problems.
>
> Don
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment