Monday, August 22, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Using Wine - if I could

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "suem_in_mo" <group.mail@...> wrote:
>
> I have tried many times to install/run programs within Wine, but have yet to get more than a simple card game to run. The rest get 'file not found' or other errors without any information on what is missing or broken.
>
> <snip>

I am running Windows 7 in a virtual machine under Virtual Box
(virtualbox.org). I have to have Windows for Outlook which I hate and
Vizio which I love. I have not had any problems attaching to our
network printers here at the house from within Windows so this may be
an option for you. I have had mixed success with USB devices on the
Win 7 machine. USB drives work fine. My phone, not so much. Give
that a try. I found Wine minimally useful. They have a database of
what works and what does not and very good and helpful tips at
http://appdb.winehq.org/.

Loyal

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment