Friday, August 26, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] IP Address

 

On 8/25/2011 7:47 PM, Scott wrote:

> Hrrm, not sure how. Jeff is one of the more helpful folks on here,
> especially considering the demands on his time. As someone else who is
> pretty experienced, I'd have to agree with his point that the book being
> used should have given that information.
>
> I suppose that may be some of the trouble with the written word, some
> folks seem to assume arrogance and others don't.
>
> I've know Jeff for a long time over this and other lists, and have
> always found him to be quite helpful, and not at all arrogant about his
> knowledge, which is, frankly, pretty vast.
>
>

I concur.

One thing worth considering, is that posting a valid, on-point reply to
a technical question (as opposed to posting a flamer) requires thought,
research, and time.

I know for a fact that Jeff, like myself, often replies on his
employer's dime... during work hours.

I also know that when I post to Yahoo lists on my employers dime, I wind
up working late, so that I am not stealing from my employer. I suspect
that Jeff, being a person of integrity, does the same.

I tend to either ignore or killfile people who get off-point, or behave
rudely on Yahoo Lists.

--
http://www.robertwittig.com/
http://robertwittig.net/
http://robertwittig.org/
.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE
A bad score is 598. A bad idea is not checking yours, at freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment