Thursday, August 4, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Need help with "mv" command

 

Thank you Robert for your help.  That is a very complete information.  I'll check it out.  Nice workshop, I just saw the pics, it looks like you have like 7 HD in an external tower (and apparently 3 more in another deck), well, that would be out of my budget at this moment (but I want one of those).  I will buy a 1 TB external HD to backup the files as they are, and delete them from the instaled HD.

I also use "cp" first, just to be sure I'm not missing something.  (thanks to an advise someone gave me in this group, in one of my first posts).

I was insisting on the "mv" command to do this, because of this obssesive-compulsive tendency of mine to find an answer or a solution to the problems I have in mind, but in a more complex way (I need to relax a little... lol).  Well, I started self-learnig Python one year ago to solve this kind of problems the way I wanted (and I already figured out how to solve it making a program in Python), but I'm still a beginer there and my programs just work within Python.

Maybe command line has not the potential to accept size parameters, or maybe none of us can figure out yet how to solve this via command line.  But I believe in collective intelligence.  Maybe one of us might have an idea about how to solve this, or simply the solution could "pop up" in one of us.

I hope this post is not over yet.  Keep thinking people !

Thanks in advance.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment