Saturday, August 20, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Qustions When Running from Live CD

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Scott <scottro@...> wrote:
>
> Well, when one's aging parents, or wife's friends, run Windows, unless
> you're completely able to ignore all of it, one helps when they can.
>
> While strictly Linux jobs are out there, often, especially in smaller
> companies, in today's economy, if you're working on the Linux servers,
> you'll also have to do Windows support--this is in the sysadmin end,
> though developers also have to deal with it.
>
> On the lighter side, good old cracked.com had a rather amusing article
> the other day on fixing friends' computers.
>
> http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reasons-guy-whos-fixing-your-computer-hates-you/
>
> For those who are able to completely avoid it, it's great. The vast
> majority, however, aren't.

I help when I can, if someone says their computer is broken I reply maybe you need a new one? If they agree I let them know I can help get rid of their old junk one for them. Thus a new Linux box is born!

Being dumb has its rewards. Now I need to figure out how I can get a purple monkey juggling coconuts in my browser tool bar:

http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/9/1/3/85913.jpg?v=1

It is too elite!

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE
A bad score is 598. A bad idea is not checking yours, at freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment