Wednesday, August 17, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Qustions When Running from Live CD

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "andersonradioactivity" <andersonradioactivity@...> wrote:
>
> Hi;
>
> I'm doing some learning on a spare machine running an older CD (Knoppix 6.2).
>
> How can I:
>
> Enable Flash? I can get all over the net with IceWeasel, but can't view anything Flash.
>
> Access other machines on my network? I'd like to work on open office text files on a computer in another room, as well as listen to MP3 files on my home media server. This is a wired network.
>
> Thanks,
>
> DW
>

Live CDs are fun to play around with but hardly worth configuring being as when you shut them off it all goes away.

Most of your questions are difficult to answer because we have no way of knowing exactly what the hardware you have elsewhere is, runs etc.

NFS http://nfs.sourceforge.net/ and SMB http://www.samba.org/ come to mind as two possibilities depending on what else is going on. I don't run a mixed network (I don't do Windows) or own Apple anything myself so I don't know anything about that. Though it wouldn't surprise me if Apple could NFS with Linux. It is just BSD they stole^H^H^H^H^H use isn't it? If there is one thing Linux is about it is networking.

Box I'm on now runs HTTP and FTP among other things. I need to setup NFS on my machine upstairs, really I do ...

P.S. ^H will be lost on most here (it is what the backspace key used to do by default) but I can remember when I had to edit termcap to fix it. Linux has made some progress since then. Not all of it positive to me.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE
From a bad 598 to 830 best, where's your score? freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment