Tuesday, October 27, 2009

[LINUX_Newbies] LINUX_NEWBIES or TECHNICAL JARGON?

 

May I advance an opinion without generating too much controversy?

I thought this site was going to be just that - a place where new users
to Linux could get very practical down-to-earth advice without much
technical jargon. I don't think that is the case. Too often, I find
endless banter of those of you who are extremely experienced with Linux,
use of the command line, etc. And the information is so involved and so
technical, that I just scroll on past and don't have the time or
background to absorb it.

Then I post a simple (maybe not so simple question) about why those
extraneous lines appear in the posted e-mails, and those annoying >>>
characters, and none of you pros even address it.

If there are simple sites out there to address common and simple
problems without going into endless detail, which may or may not address
the problem at hand, I would be glad to know about it.

Just venting a little, sorry!

Jerry in Michigan

PS--I just corrected my text and used the delete key, so I'm quite sure
I'll have extraneous spaces. What do I do, put everything into a
text-based word processor and fix everything first, then paste into my
e-mail? Maybe I'll try that.

__._,_.___
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment