Tuesday, October 27, 2009

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: protecting the root user in Centos

 

see below

--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "loyal_barber" <loyal_barber@...> wrote:
>
> I googled this and got an option I thought would really work for me.
>
> 1. disallow ssh login by root
> 2. restrict su to root to the wheel group
> 3. disallow remote and local login for root
>
> #2 was accomplished with this command:
>
> auth required /lib/security/pam_wheel.so use_uid
>
> however, this allows users in the wheel group to su to root without
> entering a password. In my mind, this is only slightly better than
> allowing ssh root login. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Loyal
>

Does the new discussion imply that I should post this again? I
seemed to get lost in the other discussions going on. I just knew
at least Scott and Cameron would weigh in, but if I have worded this
poorly, please let me know so I can do better in the future.

Thanks,
Loyal

__._,_.___
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Ads on Yahoo!

Learn more now.

Reach customers

searching for you.

Weight Loss Group

on Yahoo! Groups

Get support and

make friends online.

Group Charity

GiveWell.net

Identifying the

best non-profits

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment