Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] O.T. Something for Mert

 

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 03:41, Clayton Bonser
<claybonser@netspace.net.au> wrote:
> Thanks for a good laugh.

You're welcome ;-)

> Even so, these gentlemen taught me to appreciate fine workmanship. I
> might not want to shoot these days, but I can still look at a gun and
> see a thing of great beauty.

When I was a kid, I wanted a bb or pellet gun pretty bad. I was
absolutely forbidden to have one. My dad would tell me, and he's
absolutely right, that bb/pellet guns are treated as toys and I'd end
up hurting myself or someone else because of that mindset. So what he
did do was tell me that there was no way in hell I'd have an air
rifle, but he'd buy my the real thing... so for my 12th birthday, we
went to the store (a Best Department Store, oddly enough) and I got to
pick out a shotgun... I still have that gun to this day...

And as I said, he was absolutely right, people DO treat air guns as
toys and that leads to all sorts of problems. The guy you posted
though, makes works of art, to be sure. I just met a gunsmith the
other day, who bought one of my ham radio transceivers. When I get
the money scraped together, he's going to help me find/buy the parts
(he's also an FFL) and he's going to teach me to build an AR-15 from
the ground up. I've got minor-moderate gunsmithing skills, but I'd
love to learn more, and he's willing to teach. I'll end up returning
the favor helping him out with the ham radio stuff as he's just
getting into that.

I do wish I could afford one of those guys air guns though... they're
beautiful, and completely unique. At the very least, I'd love to fire
one some time just to see what their like :)

--

Charles de Gaulle - "The better I get to know men, the more I find
myself loving dogs." -
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/c/charles_de_gaulle.html

__._,_.___
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment