Monday, October 26, 2009

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] new to linux, have not down loaded yet need help

 

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 02:08:37AM -0400, J wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 01:01, Drmgiver <drmgiver@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > And to that I would have to say it is hype...... "Believe the hype".
> > Especially with 9.10 which is a beast.
> >
> > Justin
>
> I'm sorry, what part of that was hype? Scott was talking about
> several different OSs. Or did you mean Scott's wife and Japanese was
> hype? Or was something else hype? You really didn't trim the quoted
> stuff, and there were so many different thoughts in Scott's reply that
> just picking one out to be Hype is rather difficult.

And that, boys and girls, is why one should properly post. Here's the
thing. Firstly, (some of you made it to my killfile after the last
time, so I've missed much of this). The folks who suggest proper
posting are usually those who have Linux in their job title, which could
be empirical proof of their ability.

Sometimes, due to a handicap, or, for whatever reason being stuck with
yahoo web mail (or using PDA's) it *is* difficult to post properly,

However, here's the thing. Those of us who do work professionally, get
literally, hundreds of tech emails a day. If I see something two days
after I've replied, I'll often have no idea what it's about. Unless
it's interesting, I'll seldom go beyond a line or two to see what it's
about.

Roy, for example, uses Yahoo mail (I think.) But he's knowledgeable and
writes really interesting stuff. What intrigues me (again, some of
these folks made it to my killfile, so I never saw their original posts)
is how Jeff, John (who gave up on this list after the last insult--not
only is he another professional, but does it in at least two
languages--nice move, folks) will politely mention it in a post to which
they are giving an answer, and these other folks, who seem to be less
technically adept, and have never, in my experience (before I plonked
them), offered an alternative answer to the technical question, will
hijack a thread--another no-no, see the faq Jeff mentioned, to rant
about top posting.

Like I said last time, do what you want, but it's best, if you have
tech questions, to do your best to get the technical folks to answer
them.

>
> It's just so dark here under my rock, I need help finding the hype.

Must have been my wife. She's hyper. I guess this refers to something
I wrote.

I could have told ya not to mention posting style in this list. :)

You trolling pirate you.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6

Xander: I don't like vampires. I'm going to take a stand and say
they're not good.

__._,_.___
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Ads on Yahoo!

Learn more now.

Reach customers

searching for you.

Group Charity

Stop Cyberbullying

Keep your kids

safe from bullying

Y! Groups blog

the best source

for the latest

scoop on Groups.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment