Thursday, October 29, 2009

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: LINUX_NEWBIES or TECHNICAL JARGON?

 

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 05:18:22AM -0000, Arturo Ovalle wrote:
>
>
> I know starting in Linux could be confusing. I started 2 or 3 years ago, and still learning. I'm a neurosurgeon, so I don't have a tech background, but googleing you can learn a lot, every time I stuck up with a problem with command line, or technical issues, I post a question here and in few hours I have several answers. Command line is not easy, but sooner or later you'll feel comfortable using a console. About the jargon in this group, is the same in every forum or group, and is not going to change, so I recommend you better get familiar with that jargon and if you don't understand something, just ask, and maybe you, and me, and other people can learn something new.
>

Hrrm, well, so much for the phrase, "You don't have to be a brain
surgeon to understand Linux."

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6

Spike: I'm bad! It's just I can't bite anymore, thanks to you
wankers... Bye the bye, if you're trying to kill her...
(gives Riley two thumbs up)

__._,_.___
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment