Wednesday, October 28, 2009

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: LINUX_NEWBIES or TECHNICAL JARGON?

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "..." <BearJerCares@...> wrote:
>
> May I advance an opinion without generating too much controversy?
>
> I thought this site was going to be just that - a place where new users
> to Linux could get very practical down-to-earth advice without much
> technical jargon. I don't think that is the case. Too often, I find
> endless banter of those of you who are extremely experienced with Linux,
> use of the command line, etc. And the information is so involved and so
> technical, that I just scroll on past and don't have the time or
> background to absorb it.

Let me tell ya, google is your best friend, and,the more you use it, the better you get with it.

> If there are simple sites out there to address common and simple
> problems without going into endless detail, which may or may not address
> the problem at hand, I would be glad to know about it.

Irc is the answer your looking for-Internet Chat Relay i think-they provide instant answers for just about any question you have. I talk to folks for hours there and they are some very helpful people.

If you have any questions about irc, I'll help ya get set up :)

Darrin in Grand Rapids, Michigan

> Just venting a little, sorry!
>
> Jerry in Michigan
>
> PS--I just corrected my text and used the delete key, so I'm quite sure
> I'll have extraneous spaces. What do I do, put everything into a
> text-based word processor and fix everything first, then paste into my
> e-mail? Maybe I'll try that.
>

__._,_.___
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment