Friday, October 30, 2009

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: LINUX_NEWBIES or TECHNICAL JARGON?

 

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 08:45:35AM -0400, Roy wrote:
> Does the latest Fedora use Grub2? I have not got the hang of editing it yet.
> Grub2 looks nothing like Grub. The boot/grub folder has lots of mod files
> and the boot process seems harder to track down and edit. Fortunately my
> main desktop still has grub (because it is an upgrade). My experimental
> partition has grub2.

Yeah, I never figured it out either--don't you have some way of making
it into a normal grub.conf?

Fedora's latest version of grub is still 0.97, however, it can now boot
ext4 partitions. I forget the way they got there, think they stuck a
patch in it.

>
> I plan on installing Fedora 12 and look forward to its release. I will get
> the RC when it is available.

Beta's available now, I'm actually using it without issues on my
workstation at work.

On the other hand, judging from the testing list, there are still
various bugs to be worked out before RC1.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6

Spike: Whatcha doin', love?
Drusilla: I'm naming the stars.
Spike: You can't see the stars, love. That's the ceiling. Also
it's day.
Drusilla: No, I can see them. But I've named them all the same
name, and there's terrible confusion.

__._,_.___
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New web site?

Drive traffic now.

Get your business

on Yahoo! search.

Cat Zone

on Yahoo! Groups

Join a Group

all about cats.

Yahoo! Groups

Small Business Group

A community for

small business owners

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment