Thursday, October 21, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] Dir2ogg Behaviour

 

Has anyone else here tried using dir2ogg? It's an application that converts music files to the OGG Vorbis format natively supported by Linux.

I've noted that, occasionally, rather than maintaining the information in the ID3 tags of MP3 files, it strips out the track number.

The behaviour has been noted in both Gentoo as well as Kubuntu. It doesn't happen to every file, nor does it happen on both systems.

Has anyone encountered this and found a way to retain the track number in the tag?

All other behaviour that I expect from the program seems to be normal, except for this one thing.

I've done a search on line and not been able to find a reason for it.

I'm thinking it may be the encoding of the tag (2.3 vs 2.4) as well as the character encoding (UTF-8, UTF-16 or ISO-8859).

Is there a specific encoding for the tags I should use that others have found?

I'll run some tests on files later to see what I can find, but thought I would ask here before I run my tests.
Septymus Spyder

Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment