Wednesday, October 27, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] Wireless support in Ubuntu

 

I was thinking of switching distros to Ubuntu from Mandriva. The problem is Mandriva One was the only Linux distro I have used that supports Broadcom wireless drivers out of the box.

I was searching online and see people having trouble with this, but the newest reference is from 2005. I have heard that Ubuntu has some great hardware support now. Does anyone know how well Ubuntu works with Broadcom wireless cards today?

I know I could use a wrapper and use the proprietary Windows driver, but I was looking for a simpler approach. Something that would work out of the box, as this is the main operating system on this laptop.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment