Sunday, October 17, 2010

[nslu2-linux] Re: Upgrade SlugOs or move to Debian & rtorrent issues

 



Hello Antonis,

Because of similar problems I am now working with a Seagate FreeAgent DockStar. It has 128 MB RAM and 1,2 GHz CPU speed.
Actual Debian Squeeze can be used (Marvell Kirkwood CPU, ARM little endian), and kernel compilation on the DockStar itself is possible.

Regards, Rudolf

--- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "assimacos" <assimaco@...> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> My NSLU2 is running SlugOS 4.8 and used as an nfs file server, a mail server and for torrents. I also use ssh for WAN access. I am pretty happy with the setup except lately with the torrent part.
>
> I use rtorrent and it needs special compilation to work with the NSLU2. This is not provided from optware but someone (Brian I think) used to post a .ipk in the files section of the NSLU2-general group. I accidentaly upgraded optware and I had to downgrade rtorrent in order to make it work. This messed up my session files making the output of rtorrent not making any sense.
>
> I tried to compile it myself but I faced gcc compatibility issues. If someone can point me to the right direction (which toolchain modifications to use) on this it would be appreciated.
>
> A second (minor) issue with rtorrent is that with the NSLU2 the xmlrpc support is not working.
>
> And this leads to the reason I made this post. An upgrade to SlugOs 5 would solve the rtorrent issues or should I move to Debian? Also I am worried about all the posts about optware feeds giving 404 errors lately.
>
> So, to summarize, I have the following questions:
> - does rtorrent still need a special compilation (not included in optare) on SlugOS 5?
> - does xmlrpc works on SlugOS 5?
> - do they both work on Debian?
> - what are the pros and cons of moving my setup to Debian?
>
> Anyone who would like to share his experience would save me the downtime and the effort to setup and test the system twice.
>
> Thank you and sorry for the lengthy post.
>
> Antonis
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment