Sunday, October 24, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: top five mistakes of newbies

 

HI FOLKS:
Am TOTAL Newbie/long-retired senior. Shopping around for good used desktop I can afford, so wife can do her photo files of kids/ grandkids/surf net and I can install Linux on other and expand my horizons[had XP for yrs; comfortable with...no surprises, have good security program]. HATE IE 7 with a Passion! NOT interested in Windows 7, as MS is rich and greedy enough; has been for years and am sure the Good Lord will some day level the playing field.
Linux intrigues me, so started reading and learning more about it.
Followed this Top Five Mistakes thread closly. Found it interesting, even though, most of the time, your're talking WAY over my head. One thing I did notice: No mention was made of Mepis-Linux; Good or Bad. Stumbled upon their website awhile back; am considering this as my desktop choice, when ready to 'make the plunge'.
NOT intending to start another 'flame war' here; just expressing my own personal opinion....which I notice just about EVERY Linux user does very often[Exercising Free Will and Opinions are like butts: Everybody HAS one, ROFL!]. TTFN.....Old Tom aka papasmurf in NH

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment