Friday, October 29, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] Help needed

 

Hi, All

When I install oracle 10g (32) on linux 5.1 I install it sucessfully when I use isqlplus it shows all the table spaces etc and works fine but the problem is that when I restart the computer oracle does not work and if I check the $ORACLE_SID, $ORACLE_HOME all in the user oracle everything is shown empty and there is no value. Due to which this error comes.

Error 6 initializing SQL*Plus > Message file sp1<lang>.msb not found >
SP2-0750: You may need to set ORACLE_HOME to your Oracle software

Though this file is already in the proper place path is set when u check $env. I have many times installed after removing the user oracle and its group everytime oracle installs properly but after restart oracle does not work.

If possible kindly guide me where I am going wrong as everything before restarting the computer is working and why does everything goes down.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the trouble.
Shakir

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment