Friday, October 22, 2010

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: top five mistakes of newbies

 

On 10/22/2010 11:06 PM, Paul wrote:
>
>
>
> --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:LINUX_Newbies%40yahoogroups.com>, "Darksyde"
> <m_alexander61@...> wrote:
> >
> > I must admit, Mint *does* overdo the green a bit. I change my
> desktop to black but there's still all that bright green everywhere else.
> > FWIW I'll almost definitely switch to Deb when I do change distro's,
> and I know I'll eventually do so. Mint is great, of course, but Deb
> has a more pure feeling to it, for lack of a better term.
> > Mark
> >
>
> I believe today Debian is the premier choice for any true Linux
> aficionado that has the experience to deal with it. I'm sure many
> would disagree with me, but they're all wrong :)
>
> Paul
>

Gee, I thought we were supposed to avoid religious arguments. ;-)

I like mint because it's intuitive. Others might be more so, but I
don't know them. Once I get more knowledgeable about the nuts and bolts
of Linux (something that is totally unnecessary for most uses,) I want
to build a Slackware machine so that I can dig deeper.

Ray Drouillard

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment