Tuesday, October 19, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Linux Magazines

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "Darksyde" <m_alexander61@...> wrote:
>
> Yeah, I've read a bit about aliasing, David, but my problem is that I would be about as likely to remember the alias as I would remember the actual command. lol Guess it's just a matter of repetition, but as Roy mentioned, memory and keyboarding don't exactly improve with age. Still it's nice to know that such a powerful tool is available and, worst-case scenario, one can visit a forum such as this one or Google for the proper command syntax.
> Mark
>

Just typing alias shows all of my aliases. I used to use them more and remember you can even set them up non-persistently on the fly. In situations like that I just use command history though.

I've a lousy memory for trivialities, which encompasses all of computer science, so I grep my command history file a lot for the syntax of commands I know I've issued, but cannot remember.

Paul

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment