Tuesday, January 11, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Can't Connect to the Internet with Ubuntu (Somewhat O.T.)

 

Over some years, I had various clients with Toshiba systems. I always found their tech support to be both frustrating and, often, quite useless.

I also fail to understand the attraction of a 17" laptop. If I want a large screen, surely a desktop or an all-in-one system makes more sense. A 17" is mostly a pain to carry for any portable use, and all those I've seen have a pretty anemic battery life.

Since I am a touch typist, I happily dispense with a number pad. For me, it is no faster than simply using the number row. Thus, when I bought this machine I did not want a number pad--for one thing, the wider keyboard means too long a reach for a separate mouse.

Thus, this is a 13.3" ASUS UL30. It is very well made, especially compared to the HP it replaced. It's under four pounds and less than an inch thick, too, so it's easy to carry when I need to...and the battery life is superb.

I had a question initially and contacted ASUS tech support--which was very helpful. They even followed up with an email I had not expected to be sure that all was well--and, later, a survey email to allow me to give feedback on my satisfaction with their help. Very refreshing.

David

--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "m" <m_alexander61@...> wrote:

> If you didn't notice the problem right off the bat then I don't think you'll have it. Hope not anyway, if you like the number pad. It didn't even slightly figure into my reason for purchase but it's something I love...if it works.
> Man, I know what you're saying about quality too! The 'shiba I bought around the same time you got yours still runs great (a major factor in deciding to buy another one), though it only has 1 gig of RAM. And now I don't think I could ever go back to a smaller monitor, at least not for watching movies.
> Good luck,
> Mark
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment