Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: Gnome Power Manager

 

"m" <m_alexander61@yahoo.com> wrote:

> <snip>
> > >
> > > Thanks, Roy
> > I found that and did that then decided to start from scratch. Put
> > Ubuntu on the whole drive and take out Windows. Going to run the few
> > Window programs in Virtualbox. <snip> Thanks again. Jim
>
> Virtualbox is the best (ONLY?!) place for Windows! lol Looking forward
to having the warranty expire on this machine so I can dump it (Win).
Actually I do have one other problem which I've never been able to solve,
even with the help of the guru's here...I can't get VBox to recognize my
external drives.
[snip]

I have and external HDD (USB) and access it and any other external drives
through a Shared folder /media.

If you are not familiar with setting up a Shared Folder, the Help file is
just that "helpful" :-)

--
Zed
Quantum mechanics DO IT in leaps.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment