Thursday, January 13, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Resizing Linux

 

On Thu, 2011-01-13 at 01:06 +0000, james_jolin wrote:
>
> I know this topic came up awhile ago, but I looked in the archives and
> I could not find an answer to my particular question.
> I went into Windows XP partition and resized Windows so I would have a
> new chunk of unallocated space for linux. I brought up Ubuntu and ran
> gparted and saw the new unallocated space. Now comes the tough part. I
> know I had to do this without mounting the harddive so I took the live
> cd and ran that...also downloded gparted but I could move the ext4
> partition into the new unallocated space. So, how do I do this??

Have you created a filesystem on the unallocated space? If not, you'll
need to do that before you can move any files onto it. Feel free to
correct me if I'm wrong...

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment