Friday, January 14, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] android and the future of Linux

 

Android just passed iPhone in the US and has been the leader in the
rest of the world for some time. I almost bought an Android e-reader
and still might. What are your experiences with Android? Does the
version matter much? If so, what should I be looking at? Should I wait
till gingerbread comes out as everyone suggests?

I have met a number of people who are wowed by the Samsung Galaxy
(smartphone) and it is the first time they have considered Linux as an
OS. Is the Android likely to encourage people to try Linux on the
desktop? I would want something that would show off Android's
capabilities, but not be too expensive. I don't really want a tablet,
but more an e-reader as I already own a netbook. But something with
colour, wifi for email and some apps would be nice since I don't own a
cell phone. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Roy

Using Kubuntu 10.10, 64-bit
Location: Canada

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment