Monday, January 10, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: Can't Connect to the Internet with Ubuntu

 

On January 9, 2011 10:21:31 pm you wrote:
> Well, the good news is that I installed Ubuntu 10.1 and I'm now able to
> connect to the Internet. I'm posting this message from Linux. The bad
> news is that I have no sound with the newer version whereas I had sound
> with version 10.04! Errrgggg.
>
> Now I have to figure out how to get the sound card to work, how to install
> Adobe Flash so that I can watch videos on Youtube, and how to install
> codices so that I can listen to MP3's, etc.
>
> The adventure continues!
>
> ~Kaz
>

In my experience, the simplest way to install the codecs necessary for MP3,
Flash, etc., is to run the following in a terminal window:

sudo apt-get install -y ubuntu-restricted-extras
--
Septymus Spyder
"Necrophilia: The uncontrollable urge to crack open a cold one."

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment